In the Flexible Friends group, our experienced therapists will create a safe and fun environment where children will learn the difference between being flexible and rigid so that your child will be able to be “flexible” with friends as changes to plans and expectations occur. Using flexible thinking strategies, they will generate new ways to solve problems, adapt to changes in routines, adjust to the unexpected, and compromise to help develop and maintain friendships.
Is Flexible Friends the Right Group for my Child?
Required skills for this program include; being able to communicate verbally using simple sentences, participate in group discussions, and follow group rules and expectations without challenging behaviours (that would require one-to-one adult support).
- Identify the difference between being flexible versus rigid
- Discuss why flexibility is important
- Learn and practice compromise with peers
- Identify and use coping strategies to enable flexibility
- Learn and provide examples of little versus big problems
- Discuss and practice ways to be flexible as a friend
To Register: To register for a Behavioural Support Group your child must have attended a Treatment Planning Session within the last year.
*Group placement is determined through a review of the Treatment Plan, acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.
|Flexible Friends||$ 1,400.00|