Help is here when families need it the most. No diagnosis needed.
When a family has questions about their child's development, KidsAbility is often the first call that they make. We are here to answer that call and the many questions you may have from where to start to what services might be available to support you and your child. KidsAbility provides Foundational Family Services to anyone in our community—no diagnosis needed.
Funded through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Foundational Family Services through provided by KidsAbility through the Ontario Autism Program break down barriers so that anyone in our community with questions or who may be concerned that their child is facing challenges can access services and support when they need it the most. Our dedicated, professional staff will work with you to find workshops, resources, groups, support and more to help you be successful. We are here for you regardless of where you are on your journey or simply if you are supporting someone on their own journey. You do not need to be a KidsAbility family to access these services. Help is here.
Ask a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
Do you have a child or loved one in your life with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and have questions? You can Ask a BCBA questions such as:
- Where do I start?
- What service is best for my child?
- How can I help them communicate?
Ask a BCBA! Second and fourth Tuesdays of every month (beginning in September).
Ask a Social Worker
Navigating the world that is special needs can be complicated. You are not alone. KidsAbility's Social Worker is here to help answer any of your questions such as:
- How do I support my child's siblings?
- How can my partner and I get help?
- Do we qualify for any tax credits or funding?
Ask a Social Worker! Second and fourth Wednesdays of every month (beginning in September).
Handouts & Resources
Workshops & Training
- Community Participation Program Supports
- Find Your Passion
- Getting Started Workshop
- Mealtime Skills & Picky Eaters Clinic
- School Years Check-In Clinic
- School Years Funding Clinic
- School Years Sensory Clinic
- Sibling Support
- Transition to Adulthood Clinic
- Understanding the Sensory World Around You (USWAY) Workshop